Sunday, February 24, 2013

Reason, Season, or a Lifetime?

Reason, Season, or Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
— Unknown

If anyone doesnt know what clairvoyant means....(don't feel dumb...I didn't know either) this is the definition from wikipedia, for what its worth:

The term clairvoyance (from French clair meaning "clear" and voyance meaning "vision") is used to refer to the ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses

anyways. I thought this poem was really appropriate, because I began to wonder why people left all the time. I lose friendships and relationships end and I always wonder what I did wrong, and what was wrong with me. I came across this poem because someone posted a part of it on their facebook, and i clicked on the link and read the rest of it. It makes sense, that we come across people for a reason, and when they leave, it really sucks, but you took something away from the experience, usually. Some great things are only meant to last for a little while, and then better things come along.

Last week was literal hell. I had a test, a group discussion, and a presentation(which my professor moved up a week and didnt tell me...) It was easy to say I was stressed, and I didn't feel very good about everything. Finally I made it through the week, the weekend rolled around, and I just relaxed, went to a movie saturday, and church today. Today I thought about money issues and how I was going to pay for school next year, and I immediately started panicking, I didnt know what I was going to do. But after nearly breaking down, something told me I was going to be okay, and an instant calm came over me. It was so cool. I have never felt that before, and I immediately believed it. God is going to take care of me, and is going to lead me where he needs me to be, and I have complete faith in that. My decisions, everything is all in his hands. Things are meant to happen for a reason, and God has put so many amazing people in my life, he will bring in people that I need. Until then, Im going to try and not worry, because it's really out of my hands. :) So here is a calm, happy chelsea. I woke up to bright sunshine coming through my window, and I dont think it could have been any more clear that its time for me to put the past behind and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment